They are Ultra-Lite (950-1,200lb) and can be towed by a Subaru or almost any other vehicle with a hitch. They can even be moved by hand to places full sized campers could never fit. There is no need to “winterize” or stress about parking, towing, set up or storage. Camping is supposed to be fun, not work and in a Teardrop it’s about as comfortable and easy as it gets. We build them simply for dry camping (my favorite) but from there we can add extras if you like.
We make 2 sizes of Teardrop: 5×8 and 5×10
The 5×8 (5ft wide by 8ft long) is the traditional Teardrop size. The Cabin has a door and porthole window on the driver side and a 24×15 window on the passenger side. The windows and doors are tinted for privacy w/ screened sliders that open for cross ventilation. The Cabin fits any queen sized mattress, has LED lighting and partitioned shelving. The interior cabin is 58.5″ wide x 79″ long x 46″ tall. The Total exterior length from hitch to tail is 13’5″, wheel to wheel width 6’10”, Height 6″. We build all our Teardrops on High-Clearance Heavy Duty Steel “Overland Style” trailer bases with 15″ wheels and full sized tires. Total trailer weight is 950lb. Prices start $8,495.
Our most popular model is the 5×10 Family Style Teardrop. Built for Campers with young children or those who want a bit more cabin space than a traditional Teardrop. It also fits a queen sized mattress but comes with 2 extra feet of cabin length and shelves that can be used as either a bunk bed or extra storage. The bunk is just under 5 feet long so they’re ideal for younger kids. We also add an extra door so you can exit/enter from either side of the camper and a Porthole Window for extra light and ventilation. The Interior Cabin is 58.5″ wide x 96″ long x 46″ tall. The Total exterior length from hitch to tail is 15’5″, wheel to wheel width 6’10”, Height 6″. We build all our Teardrops on High-Clearance Heavy Duty Steel “Overland Style” trailer bases with 15″ wheels and full sized tires. These weigh 1,200lb and go for $8,995.
From there you might want to customize a Teardrop to fit your specific needs here’s a breakdown of your options.
À la carte Additions:
- 70 watt roof mounted Solar Panel and Charge Controller $350 (highly recommended)
- 40 watt panel (recommended for 5x8s) and Charge Controller $325
- Additional Door $450 (for 5×8 models)
- Additional 24×15 Slider Window $300
- Bike/Cargo Rack Receiver Hitch $200
- Upgraded Kitchen w/ 2 Drawers, Spice Rack and Wine/Liquor Rack $300
- Aluminum Counter Top $100
- 2 Galley Drawers $200
- Tongue Mounted Cargo Box $200
- Cabin USB power port $100
- Extra Batteries $150 each
- AC Shore Power Hookup with Kitchen and Cabin Outlets $300
- 14″ Roof Vent w/ Powered Fan $200
- Yakima Roof Rack Mounts (Installed) $225
- Yakima Roof Rack Mounts, 1A Towers and 66″ Crossbars (Installed) $675
- Yakima Slim Shady 78″x78″ Awning (roof racks required) $300
A new Teardrop takes about 3 weeks to build. To get started we require half the cost upfront as a non-refundable deposit and the rest upon pick up.
We usually have a few used rental Teardrops for sale in the Fall and offer off-season discounts for builds November-February.