All Our Teardrop Camp Trailers are built on high-clearance heavy duty steel “Overland Style” trailer bases with 15″ wheels, full-size tires and “Step On” load bearing fenders. They are fully insulated from floor to ceiling keeping them nice and warm in the Winter and cool in the Summer. We even line the undercarriage with aluminum for a long lasting 360 degree watertight seal. Each Trailer has a pop up Galley Kitchen in the back with partitioned shelving, 2 gallon water tank, sink, pop up counter, under counter storage, LED lighting, voltage meter and USB charging station. Each insulated cabin comes with two doors with tinted screened slider windows, a powered 10 speed 2 way Max Fan roof vent, a porthole window, interior LED lighting and a porch LED light. They are powered by a 12V 35amp deep cycle battery that will typically last 3-5 days on a single charge. If you opt for the rooftop solar option (highly recommended) you’ll never need to charge the battery.
They are Ultra-Lite 950lb 5×8, 1,200lb 5×10, 1,750lb 6×12 and can be towed by a Subaru or almost any other vehicle with a hitch. They can even be moved by hand to places full sized campers could never fit. There is no need to “winterize” or stress about parking, towing, set up or storage. Camping is supposed to be fun, not work and in a Teardrop it’s about as easy as it gets. We build them simply for comfortable minimalist camping but from there we can add extras if you like.
We make 3 sizes of Teardrop: 5×8, 5×10 and 6×12:
The 5×8 (5ft wide by 8ft long) is the traditional Teardrop size. The Cabin has two doors so you can enter/exit from both sides and porthole window on the driver side. The windows and doors are tinted for privacy w/ screened sliders that open for cross ventilation. The Cabin fits a queen sized mattress, has LED lighting and partitioned shelving. The interior cabin is 58.5″ wide x 79″ long x 46″ tall. The Total exterior length from hitch to tail is 13’5″, wheel to wheel width 6’10”, Height 6′. Total trailer weight is 950lb. Priced at $9,995.
Our most popular model is the 5×10 Family Style Teardrop. The Cabin has two doors with tinted screened slider windows so you can enter/exit from both sides and porthole window on the driver side. All builds include a powered 10 speed 2 way Max Fan Roof Vent. Built for Campers with young children or those who want a bit more cabin space than a traditional Teardrop it also fits a queen sized mattress but comes with 2 extra feet of cabin length. In the cabin you can choose between a kid bunk bed (58.5″X30″) or partitioned shelving (recommended if no kids are camping in cabin). The bunk is just under 5 feet long so they’re ideal for younger kids. The Interior Cabin is 58.5″ wide x 96″ long x 46″ tall. The Total exterior length from hitch to tail is 15’5″, wheel to wheel width 6’10”, Height 6′. Total trailer weight 1,200lb. Priced at $10,495.
For family’s with 2 or more kids we have the The Double Family 6×12. The Cabin has two doors so you can exit/enter from either side of the camper and a two Porthole Windows for extra natural light. All builds include a powered 10 speed 2 way Max Fan Roof Vent. The 6×12 comes with Driver and Passenger Side Porch Lights on independent switches. The 10 foot long cabin floor fits a California King Mattress (84″x70.5″) and has a Full Size Bunk (70.5″x54″) ideal for 2-3 kids or 1 adult. Under the bunk at the foot of the bed there’s front facing storage cubbies with nylon netting and outside the camper under the back of the bunk we add external access storage cabinets. To get a visual of these options check out our pictures page Pictures. The Interior Cabin is 70.5″ wide x 108″ long x 46″ tall. The Total exterior length from hitch to tail is 17’5″, wheel to wheel width 7’10”, Height 6′. Total trailer weight 1,750lb. Priced at $13,995.
From there you might want to customize a Teardrop to fit your specific needs here’s a breakdown of your options.
À la carte Additions:
- 90 Watt Roof Mounted Solar Panel and Charge Controller $400 (highly recommended)
- Cabin USB Charging Port $100
- Cabin or Under Counter 12v Cigarette Lighter Style Power Plug $100
- Tongue Mounted Cargo Box Diamond Plate $325 (fits 5×8 & 5x10s)
- Super Sized Tongue Mounted Cargo Box Black Diamond Plate $400 (fits 6×12)
- Tongue Mounted Full Size Spare Tire $300
- Bike/Cargo Rack Receiver Hitch $225
- Upgraded Kitchen w/ Partitioned Drawer, Spice Rack and Wine/Liquor Rack $350 VIEW PIC
- Large 27″ Partitioned Galley Drawer (included with Upgraded Galley) $150
- Galley Pass-Through Porthole $150 VIEW PIC
- Cope Woodcraft Slide out over sink cutting board $350 VIEW PIC
- Aluminum Counter Top $100
- Soap Dispenser $100
- Shore Water Faucet Hookup $250
- Additional Porthole Window (driver’s side included) $100
- 24″x15″ Tinted Screened Slider Window $325 VIEW PIC
- 45″x9″ Star Gazer Skylight $500 VIEW PIC
- Multi-Colored Remote Controlled Party Lights $250 per area VIEW VIDEO
- Driver’s Side Porch Lights (passenger side included) $100
- AC Shore Power Hookup with Kitchen, Cabin Outlets and Battery Charger $300
- AC shore Power Outlets Without Battery Charger $200 (solar recommended)
- Additional 12V 35Amp Deep Cycle AGM Battery $150 (all builds come with one battery)
- Upgraded EXPION360 Lithium 12v 80Amp Battery $850 (recommend for inverters)
- 1,000 Watt DC to AC 110V Hardwired Inverter $500 (for off-grid 110V power, additional or lithium battery upgrade recommended)
- 5,000 BTU Side Mounted Air Conditioner $700 AC Shore Power Outlets required (only functions when hooked to shore power) VIEW INSIDE PIC / VIEW OUTSIDE PIC
- LED Corner Reading Lights $100 each (all builds come with overhead LED light strips)
- Yakima Roof Rack Gutter Mounts (installed) $225
- Yakima Roof Rack Setup w/ Mounts, 1A Towers and 66″ Crossbars (installed) $675
- Yakima Slim Shady 78″x78″ Awning (roof racks required) $349
- Yakima SkyRise Rooftop Tent Small 48″ X 84″ X 42″ High $1,099 (roof racks required)
- Yakima SkyRise Rooftop Tent Medium 56″ x 96″ x 48″ High $1,599 (roof racks required)
- Solar Shore Plug (recommended with roof tent to plug in portable suitcase style solar panel) $150
- Rear Stabilizer Jacks (recommended with roof tent) $325
- Yakima RoadShower 7 Gallon (roof racks required) $499
- 20LB Full Size Side Mounted Propane Tank Holder $250
- 11LB 9″ Diameter Side Mounted Propane Tank Holder $225 (recommended)
- Trailer Brakes (round 7 pin connection and brake controller required) $500
Our current lead time is approximately 5/ months, your place in the queue is based on when we receive a deposit. To get started we require half the total cost upfront as a non-refundable deposit and the rest upon pick up. We take cash, check or card. Personal check is fine for deposit but we require a cashiers check for the balance when you pick it up. There’s a 3% surcharge on card transactions.
To start the process pick out which model and options you’d like then email us your list, we’ll reply with a quote. You can also call or text us: